QUALITY MANAGER POSITION
Image Industries is a growing company manufacturing weld fasteners and welding equipment. We are small, dynamic, fast-paced company. As a small company you will wear a lot of hats. You will never be bored!
Image not only provides cutting-edge equipment technology that they design and build themselves, but they also provide state-of-the-art fasteners and other innovative stud welding supplies, equipment, and services. Image Industries provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
The Quality Manager would handle all aspects of our quality program from initial inspection, customer certifications, customer defects, ISO9001. Manager drives continuous improvement activities. Support and promote plant wide quality improvement efforts. Lead Corrective Action Plan development, implementation and follow-up as quality problems occur.
This position reports to top management and does monthly quality reports and quarterly company presentations.
This position is located at Image Industries on Main St in Huntley, IL. Do not submit your resume if you are out of state.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Work with Engineering on process and engineering changes.
• Maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of personnel.
• Design and implement systems necessary to collect, to maintain and analyze data.
• Inspect incoming and outgoing product.
• Handle nonconforming material, RMAs and corrective actions.
• Issue certifications for finished goods.
• Manage & perform internal audits.
• Coordinate calibration of gages/measuring equipment.
This is a very autonomous role. People applying for this role should be comfortable working independently with little supervision. This role reports directly into one of the Owners who oversees engineering. This role is critical to the company’s success.
Qualifications and Skills
Must have the following experience:
• Six Sigma certification or certified quality engineer a plus.
• Production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture, assembly and distribution of goods.
• Develop, plan and implement short- and long-term goals.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
• Troubleshooting ability is required.
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated good internal customer service skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Detail oriented.
• Proficient computer skills. Experience with Microsoft office & Adobe Acrobat a plus.
• Use of measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, thread rings and thread plugs.
• Gage R&R
• Corrective Action 8D
• ISO9001 Procedures
Benefits and Perks
• 9 Paid Vacation Days
• 2 weeks of vacation growing to 4 weeks depending on years of service
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Hours can be arranged