The CD66 (Capacitor Discharge) Welder is designed for the convenience and comfort of the operator. With a stud capacity of up to 1/4″ steel and stainless steel, the unit is ideal for use in light industrial applications. Its portability on the job — enhanced by its adjustable shoulder strap — makes the CD66 a smart choice for insulation applications as well.
The CD66 measures 10 5/8″ x 9 11/16″ x 6 7/8″ (270 mm x 246 mm x 174 mm) and is lightweight at 10.5 lbs (4.76 kg) — the lightest unit available. Its tough, corrosion-proof plastic case is made from an ultra-high-impact co-polymer that provides extra insulation and resists rusting and denting in even the most demanding work environments. The demand fan and thermal shut-down protection also prevent possible damage to the unit.
The CD66 allows you to auto-select the type of welding on the spot, by supporting both gap and contact welding. This automatic, double capability performs the work of two tools in one!
The CD66 ensures safe operations for all users. A microprocessor conducts continuous system checks for component fault and controls unit shut-down. Dual weld SCRs provide maximum weld current restriction safety. Operator lights clearly indicate status, and the included manual simplifies error code look-up.
Features and Benefits
- The most compact and lightweight welding unit available in the industry
- Designed to support both gap and contact welding methods
- Rugged construction stands up to even the roughest treatment and harshest environments
- Highly flexible design can be used in a wide range of industrial and insulation applications
- Rapid operation delivers an incredible 24 continuous welds per minute
- Innovative safety features protect operators like no other unit can
- Ground Fault Interruption (GFI) protection — an industry first
The CD stud welding process not only provides fast, clean welds, it also offers the following features and benefits:
- Offers quick, attractive welds with no reverse-side marring
- Achieves one-sided welds with minimal distortion on a variety of materials as thin as 0.20″ (0.5mm)
- Uses carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and brass materials
- Allows weld settings to be tailored to the application via user-selectable capacitance
- Eliminates wasted time with adjustable up and down weld voltage
- Provides uncompromising operator safety — including checks for failure of key power components — via microprocessor control
- Enables accurate, repeatable setup using a digital voltage meter
|Voltage||115 VAC||40 - 150 VDC|
|Current||15/10 A||3,000 - 9,000 A|
- Indicator Lights (5)
- Resettable Breaker
- Fan Thermal Switch
- Safety Shutdowns
- 7 Segment Voltage/Message Display
|Contact with Legs & Feet||CL||GRAAZ-15|
|Contact with Spark Shield||CA||GRCAZ-15|
|Contact with Tripod||CA||GRBAZ-15|
|Gap with Legs & Feet||GL||GRDAZ-09|
|Gap with Spark Shield||GA||GRFAZ-09|
|Gap with Tripod||GA||GREAZ-09|